Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Surprise From Nick

Shasta and I got back from Oregon to find this note and game from Nick.
He said his dad once did something similar so he thought he’d follow suit.
It says: (Each bracket represents the candy bar)

Dear Family,

Welcome back from [Watchamacallit] Oregon. I’m glad you survived the [RockyRoad] and hanging out with all those [Air Heads]. I’ve missed my [Sugar Babies]. I spent all my time staring at the [Milkyway]. I’m upset that I missed my [BabyRuth] [Rolo]ver. [Twix] you and me, the video gave me [Snickers]. I hope she missed her [Sugar Daddy]. Not having you around made me realize I really [Skor]ed, like a [100 Grand] on [PayDay]. I’m excited to have the [3 Musketeers] and Shasta’s trusty steed back together.

Love and [Kisses]
Dad

Isn’t he the best?! I think my mom was the most impressed with it. She called my sister Lacey and read it to her. And I think Sally’s husband was the least impressed. He made fun of how “mushy” our relationship is. Really I think he’s just jealous he didn’t think of it first! It’s funny because on the drive back from Oregon we joked about how “mushy” Lacey and Cade’s relationship is in a newlywed kind of way and then we walk in the door to my house to find this note so now Jake thinks Nick and I are just as sappy. That’s okay though because the note totally made my day!

And the game is Settlers of America - Trails and Rails. We haven't played it yet, but it looks like Settlers of Catan. Can't wait to test it out!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

.... how are Cade and i mushy??? I think the sign is the cutest thing ever and im totally jealous! (i wanna know what was said about me!)

Bethany said...

My parents used to do that all the time and I completely forgot about it! Nick did a great job finding things to say with candy bars!