Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Tree

So I finally got around to taking pictures of my Christmas tree. They're not the best pictures, but they'll have to do.

It's pretty bare, but that's okay. I wasn't much in the mood for decorating it so I put as little on as possible. With everything I added I keept thinking, in a couple of weeks I'm just gonna have to take this back off. With that attitude it was easy to only use 1 box of the same ornament instead of 2 and so on until I had used a little of everything.

Isn't it sad that the biggest present under the tree is for Wedge?!? Santa's already been to our house and left that great big box for my little puppy. I have no idea what's in it and Nick won't tell me. He says I just have to wait and find out with Wedge on Christmas night.

One thing that I love about my tree is something I've never done before. I bought little pictures of Christ and stuck ornament hooks in them and hung them on the tree. There are 12 pictures total. I was a little worried it would be weird to have pictures of Christ hanging on the tree since the Christmas tree part of Christmas seems to be really commercialized, but I think it's made the tree more special.

It's helped me get more in the Christmas spirit when the Scrooge in me has been so close to the surface. What I love the most is that it's helped me remember the true meaning of Christmas. Every time I look at my tree I can't help but think about Christ and all he's done for me. I love my Savior and I especially love remembering Him during this time of year.

No comments: