Thursday, January 6, 2011

Baby Bear

I've been feeling baby bear move this last week. It's been subtle and hardly noticable, but I'm positive that's what it is. At first I wasn't sure, but the more I feel it the more I can tell. I want more than anything for Nick to feel it, but he never seems to be around when it happens.

I was actually dreading feeling the baby move for a while. Once I started puking at 6 weeks I was just so miserable and felt like my body had been invaded and I was never going to feel normal again. The last thing I wanted was to have something move around inside me to only confirm the invasion I couldn't control. I don't feel at all like I'm even close to being back to normal and at 17 weeks I still puke plenty, but feeling the little one move makes me smile! I'm starting to feel like there's actually something in there... not just a tumor (which is what Nick calls it)!

Once Nick gets home from work I'll have him take a picture. I'm not showing that much, but I kinda popped out over night it seems. At least there's something worth taking a picture of now.

I'm anxious to find out what we're having! Only 18 more days!!! I haven't wanted to do anything baby related (or anything in general really) because I've been sick and because there isn't much point when we don't know what the sex is. So far everyone but one person has guessed boy (and the one that said girl said she likes girls and wanted to be different). I have a customer that every time she sees me she says I'm so skinny, I'm having a boy for sure.

Also, I don't know if I should share this embarrassing piece of information, but I have long blackish hair growing right below my belly button. To anyone else I'm sure it's not noticable, but it sure is to me! I feel like an adolescent boy going through puberty! Anyway, I told my sister about it and she said her doctor told her that only happens when you have a boy because of the testosterone. I guess we'll see if that's true.

We don't have any boy names picked out and we have three girl names. Well, I should be more clear. Nick thinks we have a boy name picked out, but I say we don't! *Funny side note: Nick and I are texting while he's on his lunch break and he just said to me, "guess we'll know the baby's name in a couple of weeks."* He's determined we have a boy name picked out. I understand the reason he wants the name; they're two amazing people that mean a lot to him and he wants to honor them by using their names, but at the same time I feel like I should get to choose a name that I like, not a name that someone else liked years ago and named their child that back in like the 1920's!

I'm perfectly okay with all of our kids having a middle name that's been passed down to them. In fact, we've kind of decided that's what we'll do and all the girls names have middle names that belong to an ancestor. But, I feel like the first name, the name I'll call my child, should be a name that I like and picked out. Oh well. Hopefully Nick and I will be able to agree on something. Or better yet, hopefully we have a girl so we don't have to figure out a boy name!

Come to think of it... Nick named our puppy, the first girl name is what he wants and I agreed that I like it, and he's determined to get his way with the first boy's name. Pretty sure he's spoiled... and stubborn!

3 comments:

AN Petersen said...

I now officially hope that you have a girl....all for the name sake. :)

AN Petersen said...

and i cant wait to see a picture. : )

The Pearce People said...

Me and Greg only agreed on one boys name and one girls name, we can only have one more kid and it had better be a girl or else they will start being Emmett #2, #3, etc ;)