Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Hair and Belly Pics


First things first... Wedge and I both got new haircuts! Mine's been LONG overdue. I usually keep my hair this length, but I got lazy and didn't cut it for a while and then I got sick and was afraid to make an appointment because I never knew how I was going to feel. I finally decided to just show up and hope there was room for me. Worked like a charm. Chelsea was able to squeeze me in before her next appointment showed up. Thanks Chelsea!

Be honest. Does my haircut look as silly as Wedge's does?!


It probably only looks silly to us because we're so used to his ears being big and fluffy. Even when he was a puppy his ears were more filled out than they are now so technically this is the first time we've seen his ears so little. We also only cut his ears and didn't shave the rest of him so he looks like a pinhead. His head looks WAY too small for his body! There is reason behind the madness though. Wedge has really fine hair and it tangles SO easily. We would brush his ears and within the hour he would already have new tangles forming. Part of it is probably due to not bathing him enough (I blame the pregnancy!) and his comb tends to make his ears staticky. Plus he's always rolling around on the floor, scratching his ears, and playing with his big stuffed animal which always makes his whole head stand straight up from static. We can always tell when he's been playing with his stuffed animal! (It's like 7 times his size).

Now for the moment you've all been waiting for. I finally got around to having Nick take some more belly pictures for me. This time face included! I must admit I feel really awkward posing for belly pictures. It's kind of silly!

19 weeks and 4 days.

Nick says the dress makes me look more pregnant than I actually am. I think so too, but I didn't want to change my clothes. When I wear jeans and a tshirt I pretty much look the same as the week 17 pictures. Especially because baby bear is really low so my pants hide it all.

Last but not least, Nick said I had to include this picture. He felt the need to keep snapping pictures of me after we were done with our little photo shoot so I made a face. Random side note: it's funny to me how much more yellow our house looks when the flash on the camera doesn't go off. Glad it's not really that color! Yikes!

Tomorrow's the big day. 9am we find out boy or girl! Woot woot! And I don't think the name is a secret, but I'll have to double check with Nick before I post it. We finally came to an agreement on both a boy and a girl name. I'm a little reluctant to share both of them though for fear they'll be taken when we get around to using both of them. Although maybe by posting them now I'll have proof that we dibsed (is that a word?!) them first! We'll see how I feel about it tomorrow. Wish us luck!

5 comments:

Lacey said...

CUTE!!! Love the new hair cut, and your dress!!!! So fun... it shouldnt be to much longer before your belly will really pop. It seriously feels like it happens over night!! Fun!! Oh an btw i pretty much stared at your boobs the whole time! There freaking huge!!

Paul and Mariko said...

I'm so excited to hear! And your hair is really cute. :)

AN Petersen said...

Yay!!!!! Love the hair, but yea wedge's does look a little ridiculous but yours doesnt. : ) And yes if you put the names on here, you get dibs. : )

Tannie Datwyler said...

CUTE pictures! I don't think you look that pregnant. :) It's so fun to document though - like I said, I'm glad you are doing it.

Haircut is nice too. :)

And HOORAY that you get the big ultrasound.

Sorry you couldn't come to the party. :( I hope you feel better soon.

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

YOU LOOK AMAZING! I knew you were pretty before, but dang! That Nick is a lucky fella!
I love your hair! And that dress is so cute... where did you get it? I don't think it makes you look more pregnant I think it can kind of hide it if you didn't want people to know... but, I want it!
And wedge does look funny, but in a cute funny way! I'm so excited to find out what you are having! I think you should post the name--- my personal opinion if you claim it right from the start other people wont take it. Unless they are heartless meany heads! Just so you know, I've claimed Bentley for a boy. Unless that's the name you picked, you can have it first. :)