Monday, October 31, 2011

I Love Halloween!

Reason #1: Carving pumpkins!

Nick's scary face guy.

My scaredy cat.

Wedge's self portrait.

And Shasta's bat.

Her bat is my favorite!

Then my cat of course!

I couldn't get a good picture of Nick's or Wedge's pumpkins so this is all you get.

Nick did the boys and I did the girls.
Reason #2: The decorations!
Spider egg sack!!!!! Love this guy!

Pretty much the extent of my decorating this year. I put spider webs on the fence, but the wind and rain ruined it so it wasn't worth taking a picture.
Reason #3: The food!
Spaghetti Brains, Breadstick Bones, Tiki Punch Blood, And the dirt and worms pudding grave site they came out of!
Aren't Halloween treats the best?!

 Reason #4: The Trick-or-Treaters! I love all the cute kids in their costumes. I didn't take any pictures though. That might have been weird!
That's right, we handed out Shasta Sodas!
Reason #5: Being the favorite house on the block! Favorite Quote from a trick-or-treater: "Sodas?!? I can't wait for next year!" Then as they were leaving I heard one say under his breath, "Maybe we can come back and she won't recognize us!" Love it!

Second favorite moment tonight. I got a knock on the door from 4 adults that I didn't know and was worried I was supposed to recognize them. (They weren't in costumes). The blinds have been open all night and they saw our sword hanging on the wall and wanted to know if it's real. Then they asked if we collect swords. Random. Nope, it just went well with the pictures so we bought it as a decoration and yes, it's real!
This is what he was asking about. Excuse the glare from the light!
Third favorite moment from tonight:
Gotta love when you're home alone and the babe wants to eat during prime trick-or-treat hours!

Reason #6: The costumes! Unfortunately I can't post Wedge and Shasta's costumes until after this coming weekend. Our niece was born on Halloween and today is her first birthday. She's having a Halloween birthday costume party this coming Saturday and Shasta's costume is a surprise for the family. Stay tuned for it though. It's epic!

Reason #7: In Utah (or at least in Logan) the trick-or-treaters start coming as early as 5pm and by 8pm they're done! Ah! I still have the rest of my night to spend watching something Halloween-ie and blog! Homework you say? Naaah. It's Halloween!

5 comments:

Lacey said...

Love it!! Especially the spider sac I totally want one!! I want to be the favorite house on the block!!

Katy said...

I love the note!! And Shasta's costume was fabulous! I sure got a kick out of it. I love reading your blog, you have such cute ideas!

Tannie Datwyler said...

LOVE it. I love this post. You make me smile.

Josh and Kaleena said...

I loved this post! How fun! I know giving Shastas away shouldn't have surprised me, but it totally did. So fun! Can't wait to see the EPIC costume! (I wish I could say that about Meili's. Her costume is the one that I thought was least likely to make her cry-that's it.)

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

I particularly love that Wedge has a self portrait... so creative!