Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Now and Then

Last night I decided it was time to officially put away all of Shasta’s newborn outfits. I put them all in the same tote as her premie outfits and decided to compare the two sizes to what she wears now. And then I cried. She never seemed that tiny to me, but seeing the difference in the size of her clothes, she really was SO SMALL. Nick’s sister had her baby girl on Sunday and we got to stop by the hospital to see her. Baby Ruby looked itty bitty at 6lbs and some odd ounces! It’s hard to remember Shasta that small, let alone half that size! And then to think the premie clothes were big on her while she was in the NICU and for a while once she was home. The pictures don’t do the sizes justice, but here you go anyway.
Shasta now (0-3 month), Shasta then (premie)


Newborn Sleeper, Premie Sleeper
   
Premie sleeper on top of newborn sleeper

Newborn, Premie, 0-3 months
  
Newborn, Premie, 0-3 months
   
My little 5 month old  holding a premie outfit.


2 comments:

Lacey said...

She needs to quit growing up!! I dont get to hold her enough for her to get big already!!

Tannie Datwyler said...

Too cute - and yes those pictures do it justice. :) They grow too fast, I'm always sad and caught off guard.