Saturday, November 5, 2011

30 Reasons To Be Thankful

I decided rather than do a post each day this month of something I'm thankful for, it would be easier to do one post of 30 things I'm thankful for instead. I personally find these posts kind of boring to read (no offense to those who do them) so absolutely no hard feelings if you don't read mine, but my list is hopefully a little entertaining and creative to keep you interested. I tried to think a little outside the Obvious Box.

In no particular order, I'm thankful for:
  1. Whoever came up with the "someone called and wants it's something back" bit. It never gets old.
  2. Every time a puppy is on tv because it's so funny to watch Wedge try to figure out how to get to him. It includes growling at the tv, running in his room to see if the dog is outside, and occasionally running downstairs to try to find him.
  3. 10 for $10 items at the grocery store.
  4. Unicorns. They're so fluffy I could die!!!
  5. The color brown. Brown's my favorite!
  6. The few times I drive down Main Street and don't hit a single red light.
  7. Hairspray that tames my fly-away hairs.
  8. Fingernail clippers. Otherwise I'd have to bite my nails and that just isn't sanitary.
  9. A retractable leash so I don't have to go outside with Wedge in the winter time when it's freezing cold and snowing so he can do his business.
  10. Cameras on roller coasters designed to capture that heart stopping moment when you wonder what in the world possessed you to get on the ride.
  11. A closet full of clothes that hang on hangers.
  12. No longer living at home with my parents because it means I can walk around the house in my socks!
  13. Cute little kids running a lemonade stand.
  14. Summer, Spring, and Fall... and Arizona Winters!
  15. Fanny Packs... anyone know where I can get one?
  16. Pajamas with pockets because I never know when I'll need to hold something while I sleep. Really I'm thankful for comedians that come up with funny bits like that.
  17. The kick stand on gas nozzles at the gas station so I don't have to stand there and hold it.
  18. Every time someone walks into a glass door. Twice in one movie (ie: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory) is a movie worth owning.
  19. Obvious warning labels such as the blow drier, "Warning, do not use in water". Um, duh. I think if you're so pressed for time you need to dry your hair while in the shower, it's time to cut some things from your life.
  20. Drive thru food places when I'm not in the mood to cook and don't want to lug the baby into a restaurant.
  21. Avoiding the Pinterest vortex so far....
  22. Motion censored paper towel dispensers, sinks, and toilets in public restrooms... now if only they'd put in motion censored doors for not only entering the restroom, but for each individual stall...! Okay, maybe that wouldn't be a good idea.
  23. Clever tv shows that put a random pineapple in every episode for me to race against my husband to find first.
  24. Disneyland. After all, it's the happiest place on earth.
  25. Flannel sheets in the winter time.
  26. Not being able to scrape all the Brownie batter out of the bowl so there's some to lick up!
  27. The clean tear that comes from perforated toilet paper.
  28. The deadbolt on the front door that makes me feel a little safer when I'm home alone.
  29. Advancements in technology. I don't have to store VHS tapes or records, my tv is flat and my computer sits on my lap and can be stored in my backpack.
  30. Easy squeeze jelly so peanut butter doesn't get inside the bottle.
So there you have it. I'm very thankful for the obvious stuff, but it's the little things that are so easily overlooked and yet make such a difference in my life.

2 comments:

Sara said...

That list is great. :) I like it.

Tannie Datwyler said...

This list totally makes me smile. :) And I'm also among the FEW and the proud that have avoided pinterest. :) I hear it's fun, but it sounds like a colossal time waster, and I already spend too much time reading blogs.

By the way - it's in the church handbook that converts are supposed to be confirmed in church so their ward can see them and know they are converts and help fellowship them. It's up to the family (more or less) to have 8 year olds confirmed in church or on the day they are baptized. At least, that's how I understand it.

And thank you for your very kind comment. You are too sweet. I don't really think I'm the example I should be - sometimes I sit and think about how much I am NOT doing and how I should be doing so much better. I wish I was out there serving others more. YOU are an example to ME - I still can't stop thinking about how you were so caring and compassionate toward me when I was so sick. It meant so much Sara - I don't think you know how much.