Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Funny Things Nick Says and Does

*He quickly closed a cupboard in the kitchen as something was falling and said, “I wouldn’t open that any time soon if I were you.”

*He put his ear next to Shasta’s lips and when I asked him what he was doing he said, “She’s telling me a secret.”

*While reading A Tale of Two Cities out loud to Shasta and me he started crying. I told him I wished I had been paying better attention to know what was going on. He told me even if I knew what was going on I wouldn’t understand his tears because he relates to the character personally and knows what’s going to happen in the story.

*His eye was hurting from Allergies so he tied a bandana around his head to make it feel better and wore it the rest of the day.

*(I’ve been reading Breaking Dawn to him.) Once I finished what I was doing he told me I could start reading Twilight. I told him, “we’re not reading Twilight.” As he tried to remember the name he guessed, “New Moon…?” and as soon as he said it realized he was wrong so to cover it up he finished his thought with “…is the second one”. (Then when I read this to him he said, “except that’s not what I was doing, I was just… thinking… out loud.”)

And that was just over the weekend with him being in Bountiful most of Saturday. And he says I’m the funny one. You can bet between the two of us we get a lot of laughs in!

4 comments:

Lacey said...

K this seriously had me cracking up! I can totally picture all of those things!

Tannie Datwyler said...

So fun. :) Thanks for sharing.

Tannie Datwyler said...

By the way - I read Nick's post on the birth of Shasta - I know, I'm behind the times. I LOVED it. You can tell him I read every word.

I have to say that I love how he said about dads having to stand on the sidelines. I remember when I was pregnant with Claire I actually felt bad for Richard that he would never get to be pregnant (I know that sounds so bizarre). That he would never feel that connection I got. He will always be my children's father, but I am the one who grew each person and brought them into the world. Wow, what an amazing gift. And some women are mad we don't have the priesthood???

Sara said...

That's hilarious. :)