Saturday, July 30, 2011

3 Month Update

I haven't taken official three month comparison pictures with Shasta and her cow Bree, but just in case I don't get around to it I thought I would snap a few non photo shoot ones so we at least have some of her at this age. They're a little deceiving. The Bumbo makes Shasta look itty bitty so it's not a very accurate comparison next to her cow. But then at the same time it makes me feel like she's a GIANT! She's too little to be sitting up so seeing her sit in her chair makes her seem like such a big girl. This is the second time I've put her in the Bumbo so it was another reason to snap a few pictures. She loves sitting in it. Not that she smiles or anything, but she doesn't fuss while she's in it. I like it too because now we get to do the dishes together! I can't believe how big she is getting. More than that I can't believe she's already three months. I think I'll say that every month until she's a year old and then it will be every year after that! Time is going by WAY to fast and it's making me realize just how short these precious moments really are. It's easy to think about all the things I can't wait to do with her, but at the same time I get sad thinking about all the phases that have already passed. Where did my little premie go?

At three months she:
*can be held without needing her head and back supported
*drools a LOT
*wears newborn clothes
*can wear pigtails in her hair (love her face in that picture by the way)
*is starting to get eyebrows. Poor girl has Norton eyebrows. For those that don't know, my mom, her two sisters, and my grandma ALL have their eyebrows tattooed on. My mom thinks I'll have to one day too, but we'll see. For how dark Shasta's hair is it's surprising that her eyebrows are SUPER blonde. But they're starting to be more noticable now... if you're looking for them
*is probably somewhere between 8 and 9 pounds (there isn't a 3 month check up)
*lifts her head during tummy time rather than just sleep
*eats every three hours, sometimes more
*has the cutest leg rolls and double chin
*will sleep 4 hours at night before wanting to eat again, usually from about midnight to 4ish
*sucks on her hands a lot more. I don't know that she's really discovered them though. It's more that she's hungry and will eat anything that touches her mouth.
*is so close to smiling I can't stand it! Her lips start to curl which makes me laugh and then she stops because my laugh startles her or something. And she never does it when Nick's around so I don't think he believes me.
*loves to be swaddled
*LOVES bath time, but that's nothing new.
*likes having her picture taken, or at least that's what I keep telling myself. Isn't that last picture so teasing?! I love it!

No comments: