Thursday, April 24, 2014

Shastaisms Season 2: Episode 2

Put on a pair of my high heels and said "nothing can stop me now"! I have no idea where she got that phrase from. 
Then she fell...

While talking about Wedge getting shots at the vet and how they help him be healthy and strong, "when I get little like Wedge I'll get healthy and strong too"

We got Comcast so Nick could watch March Madness. This is the first time we've had cable in over 6 years so Shasta's never really had experience with commercials (only at other people's houses where she's distracted and doesn't pay too much attention to the tv). While we were watching a cartoon for her a commercial came on and she said, "Mom, I don't like this. What's happening? What happened to my movie?"

Shasta handed Shelby a book and said, "and don't ruin the pages cuz that would make them very ruined".

"Mom, did you say 'oh crap'?"

Sometimes when she "reads" books she'll say, "once when I was a little girl I was a little girl" or "once when he was a dragon he was a dragon" or something relating to the book.

She calls her big toe her thumb toe.

Singing Bingo was his name-o with Shelby's name, instead of spelling it she was singing "S-h-a-Shelby-y"!

Started singing real songs and not just kid songs. She randomly busts out singing '1000 Years' by Christina Perry and calls it 'our song'. If it comes on the radio she says, "it's our song mom"!

I put some "baby eggs" (Cadbury Eggs) in a little cup for Shasta and she said, "why didn't you get me a lot?" I said, "I did get you a lot and if you're not happy with them then you don't need to eat them". She smiled, softly put her hand under my chin, and said, "you're the best girl ever" and gave me a hug!

While carrying her doll Lucy, she came downstairs looking for her other doll Daisy and said, "Mom, I have to get Daisy. Lucy's best friend is Daisy and she needs her".

About an hour before conference, in the most excited voice, "Mom, do we get to watch the prophet on the tv again?!" Then about half an hour later in the saddest voice, "Oh, I wish it was time to watch the prophet again". I'm sure the new coloring book and smelly markers had nothing to do with her excitement to watch conference!

Singing "I'm always human. And I crashed when I breaked down. Using my hair, using my heart, you build me up and then I fall apart cuz I'm always human." The real words to the song: I'm only human. And I crash and I break down. Words in my head, knives in my heart, you build me up and then I fall apart 'cause I'm only human.

"My tummy just hurts". "I'm sorry. Why does it hurt?" "I just have a headache." "If you have a headache then it's your head that hurts, not your tummy." "My head hurts or my tummy hurts. Those are my choices." Apparently, I've brainwashed her by always giving her two choices. (You can have this kind or that kind, those are your choices. You can give it back to Shelby or sit in timeout, those are your choices.  You can ride in the cart or walk next to it, those are your choices...that kind of stuff!) She gives herself choices all the time, but this was by far the silliest!

While eating a sucker, "sometimes I put it in my mouth and it gets wet".

After a few giant sniffs, "my nose is runnin' out boogers". 

Shasta loves using "big spoons" instead of baby ones. After I got her a big spoon for breakfast I said, "oh whoops, I need to get you a little spoon because you're a little bit little". "No, I'm a little bit little and a little bit big and a lot a bit cute. That's why I need a big spoon". Can't argue with that logic. 

Shasta asked if she could play with some baby clothes and I told her no because they're for her next baby sister. She got all excited and asked, "where is she? Can we have her?" I told her "we can't have her yet, but when we do should we call her Savannah?" "Yes, and I'll call her Anna". "Savannah Anna? That's a good choice!" "Sebannah Anna". And then she started playing with her imaginary friend and started calling her Annie and saying she's her big sister! And suddenly I realized I can get Shasta on my side for boy names and conspire against my incredibly stubborn husband! (Don't tell Nick about my scandalous plan!)

The girls and I were playing in their room when Shasta ran out to use the potty. A few seconds later I hear, "mom I pooped. Mom. I need help wiping. Mom? Hello? Is anybody in there? Mom? You comin'?" There were practically no breaths in between to even give me a chance to respond to her initial request for help!

I was just singing the song "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" from the movie Frozen and couldn't remember the next line so I asked Shasta. AND SHE KNEW IT! I didn't think she actually would, but she did! She's such a little sponge! It was the last verse too. I sang, "we only have each other" and asked what came next and she said, "it's just you and me. What are we going to do"! She's pretty much awesome! We don't own the movie. We rented it and watched it 6 times in a 24 hour period before returning it (I know, mom of the year, but it was mostly just background noise with the occasional paying attention to it) and I've pulled up YouTube videos for her maybe twice. And just from that she knew the words!

No comments: