Saturday, June 22, 2013

Shastaisms Season 1: Episode 1

 I love the way small children mispronounce things. Here's some of Shasta's.

"Papapus" (only she doesn't really say the first 'a' so it's more like p-papus) - Platypus

"Spadaddy" - Spaghetti

"Tooter" - Tooted

"Yiyon" - Lion

"Appa Jooz" - Apple Juice

"Uh oh daisy" - Oopsie Daisy

"Sammich" - Sandwich

All of her 'c' sounds are 't' sounds


"Mitty Mouse" - Micky Mouse

"Tum on" or "You tummin?" - Come on or Are you coming?

"Titto Titto" - Tickle Tickle

"Tootie" - Cookie

Shasta also says some funny phrases and mimics things I say.

If I ask her a yes/no question such as "Do you want to take your baby with you?" She'll say, "Sure".

She says, "Gosh dang it" through her clinched teeth when she drops something or something isn't working the way she wants it to.

When she gets hurt she says, "Darn it, darn it".

Whenever Shelby cries she says, "What's the matter Shelby, what's the matter?" I wish I could describe the voice she uses to say it because it's the best part.

She also says, "Goodness Shelby, goodness".

"Mom, what doing?" This one she says because every time she's out of my sight I holler "Shasta, what are you doing?"

"Mom? What are you looking for mom?" Apparently I'm always looking for something because she always asks me this.

"Mom, what are you saying?" She started saying this one because whenever I can't understand what she's babbling about I'll say, "I don't know what you're saying". When I say something to her she always responds with, "huh?" so I'll repeat myself. If she says "huh?" again I let out an annoyed huff because it drives me crazy that she always does it and that I always have to repeat myself. So now when I do that she says, "Mom, what are you saying?"

Anytime she wants something and she thinks I won't let her she ends her sentence with 'okay?' as if that will make me say yes. "I want go shopping, tay?"

Lately she'll ask for a snack and when I don't get it for her fast enough she says "I want it in my mouth".

Whenever I use the restroom she says, "Mommy did it! Sticker? Prize?" Gotta love potty training! Every time Nick and I go it's a celebration. And since we've been doing stickers and prizes with Shasta she thinks Nick and I need them too.

She's always talking on a pretend phone, usually a calculator, but anything with buttons works. She says, "Yep. Yep. Yep. Otay. Yep. See you later."

Nick rented 'Oz the Great and Powerful'. We're currently watching it and it's the first scene with the wicked witch and Shasta keeps saying over and over, "Oh my gosh. What's that?" It's seriously cracking me up!

1 comment:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

It kills me to think that Shasta can talk that much. We have like 5-10 real words Aubrey can say and then a few more signs. I know this is to be expected for her... but it's just weird to think that other kids her age can talk so much. That Shasta sounds like she is quite the talker though. :)