Saturday, July 14, 2012

Temples

When Nick and I first got married we decided that we would go to the temple every time we were on vacation in a new place. We did pretty good for a while, but our vacations usually consist of going to Arizona to visit my family so our list hasn't been growing as much as I would like it to. (Although soon we'll get to attend some new temples in Arizona.) But we added a new one to our portfolio a few weekends ago.

So far we've done temple work in the following:

Mesa, AZ (where I was endowed and we were sealed)
San Diego, CA
Nauvoo, IL (will always be my favorite and have special meaning to me)
Denver, CO
Bountiful, UT
Logan, UT
Salt Lake City, UT
We've tried to go to the Las Vegas, NV temple, but we couldn't find it (back in the day when we didn't have gps on our phones)
And now Manti, UT

We tried to attend Manti's temple 6 years ago, but we missed the last session by about 10 minutes. The Manti pageant is held on the temple grounds so the last session is at 3:30pm. We've been wanting to go back for years, but we spent the next two summers in Nauvoo, and since then we've been in Logan and in summer school.

I'm so happy that we finally got to go and we owe a BIG thank you to Nick's Dad for watching Shasta for us. Nick wanted to have Shasta come to Manti so he could have all his friends meet her, "show her off" if you will, so here's how our day went: We drove to Bountiful and dropped Shasta off, then drove to Manti and did a session, then met Nick's dad in Spanish Fork and picked Shasta up, then drove back to Manti for the pageant, and then drove back to Bountiful and stayed the night at his parent's house. All so Nick and I could do a session.

Without a session our trip would have been drive to Manti, see the pageant, drive to bountiful and stay the night. But Nick and I had a great need to attend the temple (for more than just adding a new one to the list) and so with much help from Nick's parents, we made it work.

Nick's parents are so selfless and I'm so grateful to them for allowing us a chance to attend the Manti temple when we could have done a session closer to their home that would have been a lot more convenient. The Manti Temple is beautiful and for us it was completely worth the hassle to go... although I don't know that Nick's dad feels the same way (Shasta pooped THREE times while in his care when most days she poops once or twice the whole day)!!!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

That's pretty funny! I get a chuckle out of dads changing poopy diapers! I'm jealous I've only been to 3 temples... Cade and I need to explore more!