Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pray For Alice

My reasons to Relay never change, they just expand. Tonight I was reminded why Relay For Life is important to me.

I hope for the day when there will be a cure.
I long for the time when there won't be anymore sorrow.
I ache for the families that watch their loved ones suffer.
I pray for peace of mind and to understand the Lord's will.
I know our Relay efforts help make a difference.

I have to believe. For my friend Alice, I have to believe. Tonight my heart hurts for her and her family. She's my reason to Relay this year. Pray for her and pray for her family. Send them comfort and peace of mind. She needs our support now more than ever.

It's time to change HOPE to CURE. Here's to the best Relay Utah State has seen yet!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

I miss relay, an I especially miss the pep talks from Mac, an mr Allen getting us pumped up for it. I really admire you and your dedication for it. It's not an easy event to run, and it always challenges ones comfort zone to be able to pull it off.

I wish I could go back to high school the person I am now so I could be of more service. I miss relay. I don't know Alice, but she's in my thoughts an prayers.

Sara said...

I agree! Eric's aunt Sylvia is going through something similar to Alice. She is suffering from Leukemia. We're keeping them all in our prayers!