Sunday, September 4, 2011

Lesson Learned #2

I wanted to get a picture of the scared face Shasta makes when she's carried down the stairs facing forward, but she decided to teach me a lesson that most parents already know. Kids always prove you wrong.

I asked Nick to carry her down the stairs so I could capture that moment forever and then she'd never have to suffer again. When he turned the corner for me to snap away she was perfectly content; wasn't bothered even a little bit. So then I said we should try carrying her up the stairs instead. I waited at the top of the stairs to get the picture I wanted and once again it didn't even phase her. It's like she knew what we were up to and was determined to prove us wrong.

So instead I asked Nick to toss her in the air (without actually letting go of her) so we could at least get her scared face on camera. That one finally worked, but it's still not as good as her usual faces. You get the idea though; wide eyes, (almost) red face, stiffened body, and arms straight out.

Her arms aren't quite as straight in the next one, but the quality of the picture is much better.

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

D used to do the exact same thing going up and down stairs. She started to get over it around 4 months I think. It's pretty cute/sad.