Thursday, September 15, 2011

Shasta's Hair

I did little topsie pigtails in Shasta's hair for the first time on Labor day. (Technically the night before was the first time because I practiced!) Her hair is super long on the top and only long in random places everywhere else. Some of it hangs over her clothes and ears. If she was sitting up it would be easier to style, but because she lays on it so much she just rubs out whatever I do.
I'm kind of at a loss for what to do with her hair. I can't just leave it undone. That's not how I was raised! Plus, it sticks up like crazy. If I comb it down after her bath and let it dry it just poofs back up and won't lay flat. And the hair towards the back of her head grows forward so that doesn't help. The biggest problem is I don't want to do pigs and ponies everyday because I feel like it's bad for her hair and soft head. Any suggestions? Anyone know of any baby styling gel?
Front view.
And because I never included one in her 4 month post, here's a comparison picture with her cow Bree. She's seriously growing up way too fast.
Isn't she such a doll?!?!

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

SUPER cute. :) I don't have much of a suggestion... Claire had tons of hair as a baby. I remember doing a curl on the top of her head for months. Then when she was a bit older I started doing piggies. I also used to find TINY clips and just pull it to the side and clip it. You are right, piggies every day on such a tiny girl is probably not good for her hair. :)