Monday, March 10, 2014

Shastaisms Season 2: Episode 1

Shasta says some pretty funny things sometimes. I've heard all my life that parents should write down what their kids say because eventually we'll forget, so here it goes. Some of these may have been posted to Facebook, but as far as journaling (apparently that's not a real word) goes, I'm putting them here too.
September 2013:

She calls toenail polish peanut butter and then tells me she has peanut butter on her toes or needs more peanut butter on her toes.

She says "Come on foot" when she's getting dressing or putting shoes on and her foot gets stuck.

I put out a paper towel for her to put her feet on while I polished her toes. She sat right on top of the paper towel as if it was marking where I needed her to sit.

While talking to herself, "I told you I'm not crazy".

Laughed at herself while saying "I paid Meili to go potty; silly Shasta"

"Will you get Shelby's blanket so I can wrap her? And then get cookies, and dinner, and dinosaurs, and go swimming!!!"

While shaking her head, "Shelby's drama drama drama".

While trying to butter me up, "Have a kiss. And another kiss. Now breakfast?"

When she gives a thumbs up she puts up her index fingers along with her thumbs.

Calls squats fireworks

Wedge pulled toilet paper out of the garbage. Shasta made him come into the bathroom and lectured him saying "how many times have I said no to you? Huh? How many times? Do you need timeout?"

October 10, 2013
Driving home from bountiful we hit a stretch of road that smelled horribly of skunk. I turned around and asked Shasta if she knew what that smell was and she said, "daddy tootered"!

Shelby was crying after her nap and I needed to pee before getting her. Shasta went to Shelby and said, "it's okay sister. Mommy's coming. She's going potty".

Shasta: "Mom, it smells in here, mom."
Mom: "It does? Do you think it was daddy?"
Shasta: "No. He didn't tooter."
Mom: "He didn't? It sounds like something he would do."
Shasta: "I think it was Shelby."
Mom: "Oh, maybe. That definitely sounds like something she would do. That Shelby, she's trouble."
Shasta: "No she isn't. She's my friend. She's a nice girl."

February 26, 2014
While looking at a picture of the creation she said:
"This is the creation. This is matter unorganized and Jesus created all the matter unorganized. And Jesus created all the creations and put all the animals on the ship. And then talked to Jesus in the burning bush. "

While listing names we call Shelby:
Mom: "Shelby, Shelby Abigail, Shelbs, Shelby Belly, Shells Bells, Shelbigail, Silly Goose"
Shasta: "Be Nice"
(She wasn't telling me to be nice, she was saying "Be Nice" is one of Shelby's names because Shasta is always telling her to be nice!)

March 6, 2014
Nick and I always point out when we see a pineapple on the tv. We were watching a random cartoon with Shasta and there was a pineapple so I said, "pineapple". Then Nick, to be smart because he didn't see it first said, "bug". So Shasta wanted to fit in and said, "bird".

March 7, 2014
We got a new book called "The Rescuers". After reading it several times we decided to watch the movie. Shasta sat with her book the whole time and flipped through the pages and kept telling me where we were at, what hasn't happened yet, and what we've already seen by pointing to pages in her book. She thought it was so cool to follow along and that she already knew what was going to happen even though she had never seen the movie before.

March 9, 2014
While learning about Samuel, Nick told Shasta he was called to be a prophet when he was a little boy. Shasta said, "yes, just like Joseph Smith".

March 9, 2014
Shasta took her baby, Daisy, downstairs and I told her she couldn't sit at the table with us while we ate a snack because she would get dirty. Shasta gently set Daisy on the couch and tucked her in for a nap while we ate a snack. Then we went back upstairs and Shasta realized she forgot Daisy. As she was headed down the stairs she hollered to me, "mom, I gotta go get Daisy. She's crying and crying. I gotta help her feel better. She's sad sad sad."

I've had a lot of sign language projects this semester and because of it I practice all the time. Every time Shasta sees me doing it she says, "you practicin' mom?" And sometimes she'll stand in front of the mirror and start moving her hands and say, "I need to practice, mom". And she is always changing her clothes, so recently a rule was instated that she's not allowed to change her clothes throughout the day because clothes get strung all over the house and I never know what's clean or dirty. In her attempt to get around the rule one day she was holding a shirt and said, "mom I need this shirt so I can practice my sign language". Oh the logic of a two year old.

No comments: