Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Another Year, Another Marathon

Nick had his 24 hour video game marathon for charity and I must say, this was my favorite year to date. Two of his good friends from Salt Lake came up and spent the day with him. They ended up staying for 15 hours which was really surprising, but good all the same. Because they were here the whole day I didn't get stuck playing a single video game! Ha! When they left they thanked me for letting them intrude and I said really I should be the one thanking them for saving me from having to play!

It's funny to see their set up. Three of them means three televisions and three Playstations. To say it got hot upstairs is an understatement. Luckily the weather outside was nice enough to crack open some windows.

From left to right: Marshall, Christian, and Nick
I didn't get a picture of their faces because I didn't want to interrupt their game.
I also found it funny to overhear some of their conversations. They sat in silence most of the time and literally only talked about video games. I couldn't help but think how different it would have been if it were three girls sitting in their place. Especially if it were two friends that I hadn't spent much time with over the last few years. I can guarantee silence would have been hard to come by!

Nick and I both have our charities that we support each year, but it's no surprise that Nick has picked this one because it means he can play video games for 24 hours without me complaining! And really, I'm okay with it because it means for the next 364 days I can use it as leverage that for 24 hours he did nothing, but play video games so he has some making up to do! Ha! Not really, but it's not a bad idea!

No comments: