Wednesday, September 19, 2012

New Cupboard

I wanted to expand our pantry space by putting a cupboard under our kitchen bar. We don't have chairs for the bar and don't have a need for any so it was the perfect place to put a cupboard. Our pantry is small with really spaced out shelves. It was impossible to keep canned food stacked 4 and 5 high and up to 10 cans deep organized. And it was hard to know what was out of stock without having to pull everything out. Super annoying.

So, Nick's uncle built us this...



Look at that organization!!! And that's only one side. The other side is just as organized and lovely! It's opened up my pantry space incredibly and has pretty much doubled my food storage space. I absolutely LOVE our new cupboard! The only downfall is that Shasta can reach the handles and open the cupboard and I pull her out of it at east 5 times a day. But other than that it's perfect!

3 comments:

Sara said...

That's awesome! You should post about it on the Better Wives club, too. :)

I love storage space.

Lacey said...

Put a rubber and around the door knobs so she can't get them open!

Sally said...

I really like your new pantry space. That was a great idea to put it under your kitchen bar, it looks great. If you don't like the shelf spacing in your pantry you might be able to add in another shelf or two to it.