Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween Costumes!

It's finally time for the big reveal. We couldn't say what Shasta was for Halloween because her cousin was having a Halloween Birthday Party the weekend after and we wanted her costume to be a surprise for the family. They had to think about it for a minute, but they got it on the first guess! And they all loved it!

So, without further ado...

Shasta, aka Dwight K. Schrute
Also known as the Dwight and Angela love child.
For those that don't know who Dwight is, this is him. Pretty great look-alike eh?!
She's the best!

And Wedge was a butterfly.

He was too embarrassed to look at the camera.
Nick and Shasta, aka Jim and Dwight.

Aren't they great?!

The inspiration behind Nick's costume. This is Jim from The Office.

And my favorite Office moment!

The story behind the costume choice for Shasta: I was watching The Office one night while Shasta was sitting in my lap. I was playing with her hair like I always do and parted it down the middle. It was scary how much she resembled Dwight and that's when I decided she should be him for Halloween. When Nick came home from work I showed him and he loved the idea. From then on we never even considered any other idea.

And yes, I cross-dressed my child and puppy. I figured if Shasta was going as a boy then Wedge needed to go as a girl. I bought his little butterfly costume before we owned him because we were planning on getting  girl dog. Since we still had it I figured I might as well put it on him. He was mad at me for it, but the trick-or-treaters loved it and I always think it's fun to dress him up for Halloween!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Cute costumes! But who were you?

Meags said...

That is hilarious! I LOVE it. :o)