Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Wedge!

Wedge's first birthday was September 7th (the same day as my niece, Camryn who turned 12)! We had a birthday party for him on Labor Day with all of Nick's family. They get together every Labor Day for a picnic so we just threw in a birthday party too. I realize that it sounds a little silly to have a birthday party for a puppy, but if we didn't then I wouldn't have anything to blog about so I'm glad we did! Plus, nobody will ever really understand how much Nick and I love our puppy. His little personality is so perfect for us and we want to share him with everyone!

I made a confetti cake for the occasion, but it was hard to get a decent picture of it.

He got lots of fun presents for his birthday. Thank you to everyone that gave him a gift. I didn't expect him to get anything other than what Nick and I got him so we really appreciated it. And I don't think Wedge coul have been happier to get so many treats. He LOVES them and thinks he should be able to eat as many as he wants!



The party hat was my favorite part! He definitely didn't like it and as soon as we put it on he would get it off.


But eventually he gave up and at least let us get some cute pictures with him wearing it! Isn't he just the cutest thing you've ever seen?!?!

Happy Birthday sweet little Wedgie! I must say, I'm sure glad you're finally one and hopefully that stage of being a terror is finally behind you!!! :)

5 comments:

Lacey said...

MMM the cake looks yummy. Now im craving it! It looks like he got pretty into it! Did he open his presents like her did at Christmas? I think its cute that people brought him gifts! They must know how much you love your puppy! Pretty soon your not gonna be able to call him that... looks like he's getting so big!

Meggie said...

Well I am impressed you love your dog that much!!! me on the other hand could live without mine, haha! Dont tell Crispin I said that!

Devin & Kailie said...

That's fun! We like doggy parties too! :) btw I like your cake! Oh and the post it thing was awesome! You're so creative! You should give my hubby some lessons! lol I miss you and hope you're doing well!

Bethany said...

I'm sorry I missed this part. I would have liked to see it, but it looks like Audrey was very involved (sorry) and that made up for me. Very cute cake and hat!

Sara said...

Love it! We always had birthday parties for my dog growing up. Except, somewhere through the years we decided that we had to eat the cake the same way as the dog... imagine an entire family sitting around the kitchen table eating cake without any utensils. fun stuff! :)