Thursday, October 17, 2013

Shelby's 6 Months

Shelby had her 6 month wellness check this month. I have a love/hate relationship with these appointments. I love finding out how much she weighs and hearing all the positive feedback, but I hate putting her through the pain of getting shots. It makes my heart hurt. And at this appointment the whole family got flu shots so both girls cried.

By the time Shelby reached 6 months:

Weight: 11lbs 0.96oz (0 percentile)
Length: 23.5 inches (2nd percentile)
Head: 16.4 inches (13th percentile)

  • She's nearly quadrupled her birth weight!
  • She's getting better at tummy time. If you catch her in just the right mood she'll tolerate it until she rolls over, then she doesn't want to be put back on her tummy.
  • She rolls over just about every time she's on her tummy, but still no interest in rolling from back to tummy.
  • Went to the Circus
  • Holds her toys a lot better, but can't find them on her own once she drops them
  • Tried real food...not baby food (chicken enchiladas, baked potato, mashed potatoes, baby puffs, baked potato soup, crackers, yogurt, and bananas). I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to skip baby food altogether and just feed her table foods. So far she's LOVED eating and tries to grab my hand to shove it in her mouth when I'm giving her another bite.
  • Makes tired noises and sings instead of cries when she's tired
  • I can't for the life of me figure out her sleep schedule. Some nights she'll sleep 10-12 hours. Other nights she wants to eat after six hours.
  • Has taken a few baths with Shasta. Since she's not sitting up yet I make Shasta wait to get in until I'm done washing Shelby. Then I'll let both girls splash for a couple of minutes before I take Shelby out and bathe Shasta. 
  • Comparison picture in her car seat

No comments: