Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Shelby's 4 Months

Shelby is officially 4 months old. She had her wellness check and her doctor is pleased with her development even though she's only doing things that a 2 month old would do. As far as gestation goes she's right on target, but sometimes it's hard for me to see other babies her age doing things (like holding toys) and knowing Shelby is nowhere close to doing that. Her doctor also said not to start feeding her baby cereal yet because she isn't ready. I guess it's good that I wasn't planning on it!

Weight: 9lbs 9oz (0 percentile)
Length: 21.5 inches (0 percentile)
Head: 15.4 inches (7th percentile)


Here are some things that Shelby's been up to this last month.
  • Started cooing and smiling. It's still few and far between, but as the month has progressed it's been happening more and more.
  • Let out a little laugh a few times for Grammy Tammy
  • Slept 10 straight hours 4 nights in a row. Then cut back to 6 hours a night. It was so surprising when she slept 10 hours straight because before that she was on a pretty consistent 3-4 hour schedule. Still, I'm not complaining about the 6 hours!
  • Nurses like a champ...finally!
  • Received her baby blessing from her daddy
  • Still working on getting rid of her cradle cap
  • Started taking a bath in the actual tub
  • Likes to stand up
  • Still doesn't quite fit into 0-3 month clothes, but wears them anyway
  • Watches us as we walk across the room
  • Loves to be swaddled still
  • HATES tummy time
  • Is terrified of going up and down the stairs facing forward. Even when she's facing into me she still stiffens up and holds her breath sometimes.
  • Has pretty much lost all of her hair except for one long Alfalfa strip on top! 
Participated in her first Polish Party!
Comparison pic with her lion. Also this is a newborn outfit and easily my favorite one because it makes her feel so long and skinny. For some reason she seems extra cuddly in this outfit!
This is what tummy time looks like. She just buries her face in the blanket and screams.
Then when she comes up for air it looks like this!
Shasta looks so big!
I'm pretty sure this is the first time she's willingly slept with her head turned to that side. She ALWAYS faces the other way. I was worried her head was starting to look flat, but her doctor assured me it is a really good shape!
Size comparison in her rocking chair.
Size comparison in her car seat.

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

What a sweet heart. I'm glad she is doing so well. And just remember she may not be doing things yet other four month olds are, but before you know it she is just going to take off and master them all at once. Just look at her big sister. :)

Tannie Datwyler said...

I am so behind on reading blogs, but I took a minute and caught up on yours. :)

Sara - your girls are amazingly cute! I love the swim lesson post about Shasta - so very fun. I did mom and tot swim classes with Claire and Linus. I wanted to do it with Dee this year... but we were low on funds. It is so fun!

I also think that Shelby is so delicious - I could eat her. I love those eyes. It makes me so excited for my new baby.

Tannie Datwyler said...

Oh yeah, one more thing. :) I see you deleted your "soapbox" post. :) I read it in my feedly inbox and wanted to make a comment. I know how it feels to write a post in a rant and then wish you hadn't... I've SO been there. :) But I also wanted to tell you...

I LOVED it. :) I agree with you. The world of blogs and facebook has put us under a magnifying glass. It is hard to feel competent sometimes.