Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bear Lake Parade of Homes

Nick has a friendly competition going on at work between him and a coworker for who can go on dates every weekend. The difference is Nick has somebody to take on a date and the other guy isn't married or dating anyone, so I think Nick's winning. The nice thing is it means I get to go on a date EVERY WEEKEND! But I don't know if they really count because we bring Shasta along. I guess we go on family dates and I'm okay with that!
This last weekend Nick took us to Bear Lake for the Parade of Homes. We LOVED the Logan Parade of Homes last year and will definitely be going again this year, but let's be honest, it didn't even compare to the Bear Lake homes. Customized summer, luxury homes vs. cookie cutter, standard homes... which would you rather see??? Logan had some pretty great homes last year, but too many of them were your typical starter homes that we pretty much already live in.

We walked through 9 homes in Bear Lake that ranged from 2,000 to nearly 7,000 square feet. We saw homes with 8 bedrooms & 8 bathrooms, theater rooms, 35 ft ceilings, 4 floors, and one with an elevator (surprisingly not the 4 floor home). And the views of the Lake were incredible!
Nick and Shasta waiting for lunch.
Shasta and me after lunch.
A view of the lake from one of the homes.
Naturally, this date has caused Nick to daydream about our future cabin (in the way, way, nearly dead, future). He drew up floor plans for, I believe, an 8,000 sq ft cabin! HA! The plans are if all of his siblings and parents had a share in it so there are 5 bedroom suites, plus 8 bedrooms for all the grandkids and future grandkids. It also included a theater room, a playroom with a built in stage (which would of course have a nice lighting and sound system), a game room separate from the playroom, a loft, and an immaculate kitchen and family gathering room. He spared no expense in his design! Then he calculated what it would cost if each family took an even share of the mortgage. With a 20% down payment and an amazing interest rate, each family would still pay well over $600 a month for his dream vacation home. HA! All I can say is keep dreaming, Love!

Anyway, our date was really fun. I love walking through homes and seeing all the different floor plans. This is the third time Nick and I have walked through 9 or more homes in one day (2 being Parade of Homes and 1 being 9 model homes in the same general area). It's always fun to daydream and take everything we saw and make the perfect dream home, but it also makes me glad my home is small and fits my needs because it's enough cleaning for me!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Fun!! I love walking through model homes! I've tried to get Cade to go a few times but it's not his thing! I dream about building a house all the time but I've never drawn up plans. Your cabin sounds fun! You should draw up one for the Rogers side! Only make it a beach house! Lol

Katie Johnson said...

What a cutie you have! She has a fantastic smile.