Thursday, April 29, 2010

Puppy updates...

Sometimes I'm glad my puppy doesn't understand english; although most of the time it's frustrating when I tell him to stop doing something and he looks at me like, uh, hello, I don't speak jibberish. Today, however, was a good day for him to be in the dark on what he was up against. He had to have a tooth pulled. I'm sure he didn't understand why I did't give him treats last night and this morning when he went potty like a big boy, but he wasn't aloud to eat anything after 10:00pm. They had to make an incision and give him stitches so they put him under for the procedure.

When we went to pick him up the front desk clerk said everything went really well. She told us that they gave him a shot that made him really loopy and confused and that he cried for a long time because he didn't like not having control. I can completely relate with that because I felt the same way when I had my wisdom teeth pulled and I cried too! I didn't like going through the motions of doing things and not have any control over what I was doing. It was like I was an outsider looking in and I hated it.

Anyway, Wedge is home now safe and sound. He's been pretty whiney/grunty. I'm sure at this point he's curled up in Nick's lap fast asleep. He'll probably sleep the rest of the day. Sadly, this is the second surgery he's had and he's only 8 months old. I sure hope the first year is the hardest in having a puppy becase at the rate we're going we won't be able to afford him much longer (not really)! But he's easily our most expensive investment which is saying something... I thought the Playstation 3 was bad! :)

1 comment:

Devin & Kailie said...

Poor guy! Just to let you know I do think the first year is the most expensive. Brooke (our lab) will be one in june. We've spent so much money on her but it's totally worth it :)